The Brimstone Railroad was chartered in May of 1942 as a common carrier line in eastern Tennessee in order to form a successor for a series of smaller lumbering roads. In one form or another, it operated as a coal-hauling line until April 1, 1966. It was purchased by Georgia-Pacific Corporation and later the Southern Railway.
New River, Tn / Mar 1956 / collection
New River, Tn / Apr 1954 / collection