The Galveston Wharves Railway was organized in 1900 to provide terminal switching services to the port of Galveston, Texas. Owned by the city of Galveston, the line was renamed the Galveston Railroad (GVSR) when in 1987 it was leased to Rail Switching Services in partnership with Rail Management. In 2005, the operation was purchased by the Genesee and Wyoming shortline operator. The current GVSR operates 38 miles of yard trackage at Galveston, over a 50-acre facility, and interchanges with Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Sante Fe.
Galveston, Tx / Oct 1984 / collection
Galveston Wharves #303