The New Orleans Coal & Bisso Towboat Co. was located along the Mississippi River at Walnut Street, near Audubon Park, in New Orleans, La. The riverside facility was served by the New Orleans Public Belt Railroad and used an assortment of steam locomotives over the years to move hopper cars between a small yard along the NOPB and its coaling facility along the river. The Walnut Street facility was used to service Bisso’s own tugboats and ferries, and also supplied other coal-burning vessels up until 1955.
|HawkinsRails thanks railroad historian Michael Palmieri for use of his Bisso photographs|
Alco 0-6-0 (1907) / New Orleans, La / May 1950 / J. Parker Lamb
Alco 0-6-0 (1907) / New Orleans, La / Dec 1980 / Michael Palmieri
New Orleans, La / 1948 / JCH
New Orleans Coal & Bisso Towboat #12
New Orleans, La / 1948 / William Harry